If your child attends Eagle’s Nest on Thursdays and Fridays they WILL get a spot in the clubs during their Eagle’s Nest time. Please do not fill out this form.
Dear 4th and 5th Grade Students and Parents,
We are excited to be sponsoring two clubs — the STEM Club and the Robotics Club. Both clubs will be comprised of 4th and 5th graders. Students may choose only one of the clubs. Below is a brief description of each club.
- Students will explore engineering, environmental science, robotics, electricity, and computer science
- Students will explore the above concepts using Legos, K’Nex, Snap Circuits, Ozobots, Dot & Dash Robots, and other items.
- Students will be working in teams to solve problems.
- Meetings will take place after school on Tuesdays from 3:00 – 4:15 p.m.
- Students will need to be picked up no later than 4:30 p.m. If this is a problem, please consider the Robotics Club.
- Students will learn to program a robot using a visual programming app.
- Students will solve problems using Dot, Dash, and Cue Robots and participate in the Make Wonder Robotics Competition.
- Meetings will take place during the school day on Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Students must attend both days each week in order to be on a competition team.
The electronic application opens for submissions on October 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. It may be completed via computer or mobile device. Responses will be time stamped automatically as they are completed and students will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Paper forms will not be accepted. Each club will be capped at 30 members.
If your child attends Eagle’s Nest on Thursdays and Fridays, they will have the opportunity to join these clubs during their time in Eagle’s Nest. Please do not apply for either of these clubs.
Students will be given a letter to take home confirming their spot in the club by October 22, 2018. We will maintain a waiting list for each club in the event space becomes available. Students will be notified if they are on the waiting list. Club meetings will begin the week of October 29, 2018.
While there is no fee for either club, we may ask for some small materials from time to time. Do not feel obligated to purchase any items, but if you have any of the materials requested at hand, we would greatly appreciate the donation.
Applications will open on Friday, October 19, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. Please go to the web address below to access the application. This website will not be live until then.